Castor oil is extracted from castor beans called Ricinus. This is one of the most ancient of medicinal remedies and is quite a powerful therapy for a multitude of reasons. Castor oil therapy has been used as far back as ancient Egypt to cure a variety of diseases and health benefits.
Nowadays, people use castor oil packing to treat an assortment of health ailments from skin problems like c-section scars to muscle cramps and even to aide in reducing constipation. You can easily make a castor oil pack at home and enjoy its benefits.
Benefits of Castor Oil Packs
- Molecular density allows it to penetrate through the skin to soft tissue
- Promotes Lymphatic Drainage all over the body
- Minimizes the size of any dense tissue or lumpiness of the breasts
- Reduces the size of polyps and cysts in the ovaries
- Relieves PMS pains & bloating
- Relieves severe cramps and pain from endometriosis
- Resolves fibroids
- Reduces symptoms of ovarian cysts
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps relieve joint & muscle pain
- Opens up liver ducts for optimal liver detoxification
- Promotes healthy bowel function
- Reduces swelling and edema
- Promotes speedier post-surgical healing
How to Make a Castor Oil Pack
Before you start making the castor oil pack prepare the setup carefully as it may leave stains. Keep plenty of towels in hand to protect your bed and pillows from stains. This procedure. Keep your mobile phone away and let the process soothe you.
Make sure the castor oil you use is of high quality. The best castor oil contains no mineral oil and hexanes like the Heritage Castor Oil.
- Cut out a cotton flannel or unbleached cloth so that it fits the area you are applying the pack on.
- Soak the cloth completely in castor oil. Castor oil is heavy so you can use your tongs to soak the cloth in oil.
- If you are applying oil for liver detoxification, pour it directly over the skin on your right side of your belly below the breast.
- If you are applying the castor oil pack for ovarian cyst, place it on your lower abdomen.
- Wrap the cloth around your belly or on the affected body part.
- Use a hot water bottle over the pack. Use a plastic wrap to wrap around your abdomen on top of your cloth to secure it.
- Leave the pack on for an hour or more.
- After the procedure, wash your hands and the castor oil from the applied part.
- Change the cloth for the next procedures or you can wash it and re-use it.
Where can you Place the Castor Oil Pack?
- In the region of the liver, the right side of the abdomen tucked under the rib cage
- On swollen and sore joints
- Lower abdomen over the ovaries & uterus
- Over the breast
- Over the feet
- On scar tissue
Maximize The Benefits of Castor Oil Packs
Use castor oil packs 3-4 times a week for best results. Make sure the pack you are applying is not overly hot. Do not apply castor oil back during pregnancy or early postpartum.
You can make your own castor oil pack at home or buy a Heritage Castor Oil pack kit. If you need a visual of how to prepare and conduct your own DIY castor oil pack treatment I created this YouTube video just for you.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.